Tuesday, October 18, 2011

class sucks. i want to teach.

Oh man! Okay... Sooooooo pretty much school is the worst thing everrr and has made me seriously NOT want to do my student teaching, BUT I just went and met with my cooperating teaching at Willow Springs Elementary and now... I CAN'T WAIT! I think it helps that I am going into a 5th grade class! Annnnnnnnd my teacher is amazing! She is just so fun and she and her team have SO many amazing ideas! I am so excited to just work with them and get some new ideas and ways to teach. I hope I can bring some new ideas to the table too. I start my fall field on November 2nd and I'm there for 3 weeks, then I am going back on January 9th for 11 weeks! :) EEEEEK! I am so excited for 5th grade cause the curriculum is SO MUCH FUN! We will be doing Colonial Days and the Revolutionary War while I'm there in November! So excited! Anyway, it was just really nice to go into the class and just meet her and see some of the students. Reminds me why I am actually sitting through torture everyday. It's especially nice when I know what Mrs. Wright was talking about when she said they use Words Their Way, Basal books, and other Literacy terms! :) Basically I am just wayyyyy excited! OH! And a huge plus is the program they use for math... Envision Math! It's going to make teaching math SO much easier! :) I love it! Yay for teaching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment