Sunday, June 30, 2013

NOLA 2013

My beautiful friend, Alathea, got married in New Orleans last Saturday. I was fortunate enough to attend the wedding with my 2 best friends. People keep asking me if it was fun and if I like New Orleans... I just keep saying, "I think we had a little too much fun." There is no way to describe this trip. Words like exhaustion, happiness, joy, alcohol, 5 AM, bathtub, humidity, dancing, and food come to mind thinking about that trip. Here are some of the highlights...
Thomas and I had our flight cancelled and we were delayed an entire day. Don't ever fly Frontier airlines. We ended up taking the red eye to Charlotte and finally getting to New Orleans at 9:45 AM the following day.
This is us super excited for our flight and ready to go and then us exhausted and finally arriving in NOLA...
Needless to say we needed a nap, but then we got to go out with the wedding party and meet some pretty amazing people.


Excuse the quality of picture... I'm sure you can understand why the majority of these will be blurry...
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were spent on bourbon street and recovering from the night before. Getting to the hotel between 4 and 6 AM doesn't allow for much more than sleep and food the next day. These pictures don't even begin to describe the amount of fun that was had. We have to thank a few locals from New Orleans for showing us a good time!





Saturday was the wedding and it was amazing. Such a beautiful ceremony and reception. Being stuck in Utah, I didn't really know what a "real wedding" was like and now I know. I was lucky enough to have 2 hot dates... 




It was the perfect trip! I am so grateful to have friends like Nate and Thomas that I can drag around the world. We all live in different places now and it's super hard not being around them all day everyday like it used to be, but I am very lucky that we've been able to travel and reunite. Cheers to the next 50 years of adventures boys!









No comments:

Post a Comment