Thursday, March 29, 2012

Worth It All

Tomorrow is my last day of student teaching and I am really upset about it. Yesterday I had to say bye to a student who went out of town for spring break and I just lost it. Today I got a thank you note from a student who isn't going to be here tomorrow. This is what makes the stress, exhaustion, work, lack of time, and teaching all worth it...

"Dear, Ms. Mantle
       you are literally the best definetally the coolest and for sure the best at teaching student teacher I have ever had. Most of my other student teachers I had didn't really care for the kids they thought if they just tought the lesson and got it over with that they could be a teacher, but you reall care for all of the kids and are the total opposite of my other student teachers. I am going to miss you so much and I am going to try to go to u-swirl every saturday I can say hi to you. Thank you so much for being my student teacher and putting a lot of time into our class."

I've never been so proud of any accomplishment in my entire life. I love teaching. I love working with children. More than anything I love being that difference to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment