Sunday, March 4, 2012

yes, this is happening!!!

I'm going to Fiji. I'M GOING TO FIJI! Booking my flight TODAY! (Which can I tell you SCARES THE CRAP OUTTA ME!) Tell me, please, just tell me you are thinking this is as awesome as I think it is! I'm pretty excited for the following reasons...
I will be living on the beach. Literally.  I will have no phone, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Blogger, etc for 4 weeks. (Okay, so I'm not that excited about no blogs, but no phone? YES, PLEASE!) I will gain more teaching experience. I will be working with under privileged children.
I will be living on the beach FOR 4 WEEKS! I will be living on the beach for 4 weeks...
I WILL BE LIVING ON THE BEACH FOR 4 WEEKS!

Some downsides: (Like these even matter...)
I won't be able to talk to or see Henry, Addy, Ellie, or Charly. I won't be able to call and tell Thomas, Chelsea, Nate, or Haley everything, every single day, all day long like I will want to. I won't see Berkley for 4 weeks. There is no electricity... Actually, that's pretty awesome. I will have to hand wash my clothes, yeah okay that is going to be quite the adventure in itself.

The one thing that out weighs any of these "down sides"...
Appreciation.
I think that I'm a pretty grateful person, but it is always easy to take things I have everyday whenever I want for granted, so I am very excited to gain a greater appreciation of it all. 
You're so jealous, I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment