Wednesday, May 16, 2012

2 hours 39 minutes and 43 seconds

Until I am on my first flight of three to the wonderful Fiji.

I honestly cannot believe this day is here. Only 4 weeks. I just have to keep emphasizing the only in that statement. The last few weeks have been full of tears and lots of emotions. My best friend of three years saw me cry for the first time. I saw me cry harder than I have in years. And it was a first for everyone when I cried at all about the thought of being in Fiji for 4 weeks. I really didn't think I would do this. I thought I was ready to get away. I was contemplating actually moving away for much longer than 4 weeks, but clearly the thought of not seeing Henry, Addison, Ellie, and Charly is too much. Also, the thought of not being able to talk to Thomas for that long is way to much to handle. I haven't gone more than 2 weeks (even while in a fight) without talking to him. Telling one person everything makes it a little difficult when they aren't available. C'mon Fiji can't you just get it together and get a little phone/internet access on every one of your 300 islands? I don't think it's too much to ask.

Regardless, this is a once in a lifetime experience/adventure and I am so blessed to be taking it. I am so grateful that I can actually do this, because I am one of few who will be able to say they spent 4 weeks on an island you can walk around in less than an hour with 25 people they don't know while helping under privileged children in Fiji.

Now that everyone is sick of hearing about how much I love my nieces, nephew, and Thomas (ha!) I won't be blogging for 4 weeks (unless by some miracle I can get to a resort and post as much as I want! So see you in 31 days blogging universe!

My home for the next 4 weeks... AH!


No comments:

Post a Comment