Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What Fiji did for me...

I'm more relaxed and more organized.
Fiji time has kept me calm, but not made me late.
Made me want to travel everywhere, all the time, forever.
Made me grateful for the classroom and resources I'm going to have.
All I want is inspiration. 6 weeks of it has made me addicted.
I hate wearing shoes, but I may have missed my shoes the most.
Gave me amazing friends from all over the world.
Slapped me in the face with the realization that I am meant to be a teacher.
Convinced me that the best thing anyone can do with their life is help children learn and grow.
Obviously made me more appreciative of the little things like warm showers, 24/7 electricity, not having to sleep with a mosquito net, washer/dryer, good, healthy food, and the grocery store.
I became so much more independent and overcame so many different fears on that trip. I will always be grateful for that life changing experience. I know I can survive without the people I thought I needed to live. I know I can be away from my family for an extended period of time without going mental. I know I can be happy in a group full of strangers from all different countries. I know I am open minded. I know I am impressionable. I know I get attached way too easily. I know what I like in people, good qualities still matter, but being genuine makes a world of difference. I know I can have fun with limited resources. I know I am antsy and like to be doing something.

I learned a lot about who I am. I still have a lot of things to learn and all I want to do is travel with GVI and volunteer to learn more about other cultures and places and myself. If you're interested in doing volunteer work of any kind LOOK INTO GVI HERE.









No comments:

Post a Comment