Friday, August 12, 2011

Olivia Munn

Dos and Don'ts

Don't put yourself in a box. I can be on the cover of Maxim, I can be smart, I can be funny, I can be successful, and I can be a good wife and friend - that is all possible. I want you to like me, but I don't care if you don't.

Do speak your mind. If you think something's funny, go with that. Most comedians pull jokes from a place of honesty.

Do ignore the haters. You're going to have some backlash whenever you break the mold, so ignore it and do your own thing.

Don't believe that women aren't funny.

Do refuse to settle. Guys can say, "I want to put my career first." But if a woman says it, it's like she isn't maternal. I love my career right now, and I won't be with anybody until they make my life as satisfying and as happy as my work makes me.

Don't lie about your age. I think women should start to embrace their age. What's the alternative to getting older? You die. I can't change the day I was born. But I can take care of my skin, my body, my mind, and try to live my life and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment