Wednesday, January 19, 2011

want not need...

Okay, today is not a good day. Anyway, my girls in class picked up on my down-in-the-dumps attitude and I was venting to Rhe about some things in my life and she told me something that she heard from her brother that really struck me. It's completely true and I never really thought about love and relationships like this but it was something along the lines of... Be with someone you want to be with not someone you need. I am a romantic. I've always believed that love conquers all and that everyone needs love. It's not just loving a person or being loved, but it's being in love with a person and sharing that mutual feeling that has always been so important to me. I guess important is a weird word, but it's always been there for me at least since I was 15. (or so I thought) Anyway, I've kind of changed my beliefs about love and I just love what Rhe said to me: Be with someone you want to be with not someone you need to be with. Controlling relationships are the worst and it doesn't have to be a physical controlling or even someone telling the other what to do, but just when you need someone they have a control over you even if they don't want to or mean to. I've been trying to get over that need in my life. I want to get to a point where I don't need anything or anyone so much that it changes or determines my life. I want to be who I am because of what I do and things I accomplish not because of what I need. Anyway, I still believe that love is something that everyone needs, but it all must happen at the right time. Timing is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment