Thursday, January 27, 2011

why didn't i know about this sooner??

Okkayy, in my language arts methods class we had to buy a notebook for our "writer's notebook". This writer's notebook isn't a journal. It's where you right things you notice about the world, things that inspire you... In mine, so far, there are a lot of song lyrics, quotes, and lists of my favorite things. I've also dedicated a couple pages to the greatest... One Tree Hill! I put my '100 Songs to Save Your Life" playlist that I posted earlier... I love this writer's notebook. We're supposed to be learning about how to incorporate a writer's notebook into our classes and the things that our students can write about, but I'm mostly just loving filling it with all my favorite things... I just wish I would have thought about a writer's notebook like this before now! If you have favorite quotes or things that make you who you are that you want to remember, definitely consider starting a writer's notebook for yourself. Find something that you like. I mean it can be a regular old composition notebook, it just needs to be something that you want and that you'll write in. I'm all about inspiration lately and it's helping build my spirits. Whatever it is just love something... Have passion for something. Anything.

"Enthusiasm is excitement with inspiration, motivation, and a pinch of creativity."
-Bo Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment