Wednesday, December 7, 2011

1941

I just want to take a moment to share how grateful I am for this amazing country. Only here could we take an attack like Pearl Harbor and turn around and help the rest of world and create an even more amazing country than we had before. Whenever I am asked the question, "If you could go back in time what time period would you go back to?" I always answer with this time. When we were united as a country, as a people looking for freedom and protection, as a proud nation. I hear about the sacrifices people made at this time just to help their country. They are the reason we have the freedoms we have today. Those people, the soldiers, the families of soldiers, the leadership we had, they are the reason that this place we live in is such a comfortable, safe nation. I say these things because this is how my life is. I know we have our trials and I know it is not always safe in other places for other people, but I am just grateful that I have what I have. I am just grateful that my family and friends are safe. I am so grateful that my nieces and nephew will be able to grow up in this place. As terrible as the world can be, I am glad I am in this part of it. 

Thank you to all of those who have and do risk their lives for me to live in the comfort of my home with my family. Thank you to the families of those men and women that risk their lives for my freedom. Thank you to the leaders that we do have that genuinely want to make this nation free, safe, and fair for everyone, an impossible task. Thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment