Thursday, December 15, 2011

somebody

always has it worse.

I can be quite the complainer at times and I absolutely hate it. Having said that and recognized it, I'm probably not going to stop all the complaining (at least I recognize that, too), but I do get a reality check from time to time. Basically the lesson of this week, well month, is that somebody out there has it a lot worse than  you. We all know that there are places in this world and country that people are starving, dying, and living these terrible lives where they are grateful for the smallest things, yet I am here living in this perfect, warm house complaining about my education, when I should be celebrating the fact that I am GETTING an education. It's hard to gather a lot of perspective from those extreme situations where people are a lot worse of than you, but when someone of relatively the same life is having a harder time, that is what really gives me some perspective. I am just lucky to have what I have, which is a lot and I don't deserve it most of the time.

Also, since this is the big news on the streets lately... Everyone needs to leave Tim Tebow the hell alone. At least the guy is humble enough to know that he was given that talent by someone. Hard for people who don't believe in God to understand obviously, but I would take a guy with so much talent giving God all the credit than a guy with talent thinking that he is God because of it. At least he is grateful for what he has.

"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns;  I am just thankful that thorns have roses."        - Alphonse Karr


"If you haven't all the things you want, be grateful for the things you don't have that you wouldn't want."       -Unknown


"It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment."       -Naomi Williams


Here's an early cheers to 2012... A year without complaining.



That's just a few things I am most grateful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment